9/12/2017

A cobble is thrown.

Finally my first article !

There is a lot to say about this project, the motivation behind the blog, and its origins. I guess I'll dedicate in the near future some time for this matter, to put a better frame to our work. Yes, "our work", the two others will introduce themselves in a more appropriate article ;).

I'm Morgle, and well, I got in love with spiky and smelly things.
As you guessed, there are a lot of weird things that would fit that list, but for that time we will focus on SKAVEN !!!!
To be frank, years ago when I  discovered the hobby, I hated them. I hated the idea of being contrived to paint hundreds of miniatures... Being more attracted by the painting side of the hobby, I couln't see myself dedicating a couple of hours on each miniatures...

Well... Age of Sigmar signed my doom...

A wide range of painters keep inspiring me, some of those blogs are famous in our small community, for instance you HAVE to have a look at the "Blog des Kouzes". Crazy artists, they all come up with well rounded ideas, and with new concepts in term of conversions and paintings.

I started this Skaven army with the idea that I always loved the atmospher Mordheim provided. For this reason, you'll find my army base with a simple layer of cobblestones.

I just went to the closest model kit store, where I purchased a kit called:
WILLS (SSMP204) Granite Setts, building material pack.

Nothing crazy here, some GW plastic glue will be perfect to fix it to your bases. The same way the GW glue melts GW plastic, it does the same effect here. You'll just need to properly clean your base by sanding the edges so that it properly fits. It will just take you a couple of minutes to have something clean.

I use the following shades for my base in the following order:
Nuln Oil (GW)
Athonian Camoshade  (GW)
Agrax Earthshade (GW)
Seraphim Sepia (GW)
Sometimes, I finish with some shades of Waywatcher Green (GW) in order to get a semblance of moss.




Nothing special regarding the Weapon Team.
I spray them in Corax White (GW), I think I got traumatised when I was a kid when spraying in black, I couldn't see details, and I was overlaying everything, finishing with a thick layer of jam on my miniature... Not so satisfying, hence my preference for a white base, I just feel I can properly read or see details on the miniature.

Regarding the skin, I just went for a "copy pasta" of the recipe you can get on "Le blog dé Kouzes".
You go with the following proportion (picked up directly from your pot, with something like a medium size brush (GW) )
10 drops of Mat varnish (I use the Pébéo Brand)
5 drops of Nuln Oil (GW)
1 drop of Drakenhof Nightshade (GW)

Tissues and skirts
Base of Khorne Red (GW)
I darken my base with a layer of Nuln Oil (GW)
I go for a layer of  Mephiston Red (GW), only recesses are kept away from the painting process now on. I focus on the edges and prominent areas with Evil Sunz Scarlet (GW), then edges only with Lugganath Orange (GW)



The tails are layered with Ceramite White (GW), I wash it down with some Nuln Oil (GW) and I finish with a wash of Carroburg Crimson.

The green, is done with a base of Moot Green (GW), I'll keep enlightning it with some Flash Gitz Yellow (GW) with 2 successive layers,  then I finish with pure Flash Gitz Yellow.
For every metalic parts, I start with a base of Balthasar Gold (GW), then with a wash of Druchii Violet (GW), then I finish with a mix of Balthasar Gold + Runefang Steel (a mix of  50/50). I sometimes add, in recesses only, some Nihilakh Oxide (GW)



Cheers !

2 commentaires:

  1. Attention, citer le Blog des Kouzes sans payer les droits d'auteur, ca promet un reglement de compte facon mafia du hobby...

    Jolis Skavens en tout cas, le schema est classe.
    Les photos sont bonnes, quoiqu'un peu petites ;-)

    --
    morback

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Haha merci pour le commentaire et les conseils, j'ai encore des vieux shots pour les prochains articles mais du coup je tenterai de faire plus de close up à l'avenir!
    Pour les droits d'auteur faudra voir avec mon conseillé légal, Kristobal.

    RépondreSupprimer